Thursday, September 11, 2014

Isaiah 18, Take 2

Let's try this again.

Isaiah 18- This chapter is a prophecy against Cush.  "Ah, land of whirring wings that is beyond the rivers of Cush, which sends ambassadors by sea...(v 1)" I looked at a map of this time period and up until now, all of the groups Isaiah has prophesied about were right next to Israel (Babylon, Assyria, Philistia, Moab, Damascus).  Cush, however, is in Africa, under Egypt.

The passage says that Cush is tall, smooth, and powerful (v 2). Then the next verses are a call for everybody to pay attention. (v 3). Pay attention to what? I think God is going to cut Cush down to size so that everybody can know that He is more powerful (v 4-7).

I think that's the point of this chapter.  God is more powerful than Cush. God is more powerful than any of our governments, so pay attention!

If I'm missing something, or if I just missed the mark completely, write me in the comments!

Here's the song of the day.  Cuanto nos ama, (How he loves), the Spanish version of a very popular worship song in English.


English version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FxaUYjRtkc

No comments:

Post a Comment